Our first-choice boat out of Pez Vela marina in Quepos is this 31ft Custom Sportfisher powered by a single-engine Cummins 315HP/2008 diesel. Bilingual Captain Manuel Gabuardi is at the helm, assisted by an experienced mate. She features an open cabin; a full marine head; marine radio; GPS; fish finder; Lee’s fighting chair and outriggers: conventional tackle including#30-#50-#80 Penn reels and #10-#12-#15-#20 light tackle; and a #13 Sage rod and Billy Pate reel, plus #14 Thomas & Thomas and Orvis rods for fly fishing enthusiasts.
- Location: Pez Vela Marina, Quepos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
- Areas Fished: Quepos, Manuel Antonio
- Species Fished: Sailfish, Marlin, Dorado (Mahi-Mahi), Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Roosterfish, Snapper, Grouper, Jack, Shark
- Type of Fishing: Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Saltwater Fishing, Pacific Ocean Fishing
- Charters Type: Half Day, Full Day
- Zone: Central Pacific