The Cazador out of Golfito is a 37-foot Merritt Sportfisher with Captain Bobby McGuinness, one of Costa Rica’s and the world’s stellar captains who has more IGFA world records to his credit at this time than any other captain now fishing in the country. Bobby was chosen world’s top captain of 2006 and 2010 by the International Game Fish Association (IGFA), and named one of the world’s top 50 charter captains by Saltwater Sportsman magazine. He also won the Billfish Foundation’s award as world’s top tagging captain, Pacific Blue Marlin, for 2016. The Cazador is powered by twin 450hp Cummins diesels developing a cruising speed of 27 knots. She is equipped with the latest electronics (GPS, color video sounder, radar, VHF radio, SSB radio), USCG safety equipment, live well, fighting chair, and Penn International and Shimano reels with custom built rods. The Cazador will also charter out of Puerto Jimenez.
- Location: Puntarenas Province, Golfito, Costa Rica
- Areas Fished: Puerto Jimenez, Golfito
- Species Fished: Sailfish, Marlin, Dorado (Mahi-Mahi), Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Roosterfish, Snapper, Grouper, Jack, Shark
- Type of Fishing: Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Saltwater Fishing, Pacific Ocean Fishing
- Charters Type: Half Day, Full Day, Multi Day
- Zone: South Pacific